Your next BBQ cries out for this Bowtie Chicken Salad! It’s easy, with few ingredients and has both sweet and savory elements and textures, making it a great side dish.
- 3/4 box bowtie pasta
- 1 bag of baby spinach – ends removed
- 2 C shredded romaine lettuce
- 5-6 green onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 C fresh parsley – finely chopped
- ½ C honey roasted peanuts
- 2-3 can mandarin oranges
- ½ C crasins
- 2oz water chestnuts – thinly sliced and chopped
- ½ C toasted sesame seeds
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2/3 C Teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 C vegetable oil
- 2/3 C white vinegar
- 6 Tbl sugar
- ½ tea salt
- ½ tea pepper
- Boil pasta until barely tender then drain well and rinsed well. Once cool place pasta in a Ziploc bag and pour ½ of salad dressing into bag and let refrigerate for 3 hours, reserve remaining dressing to top salad.
- Cook chicken, best is seasoned and broiled or grilled.
- Prepare remaining salad ingredients and set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve, then combine chicken, pasta and salad together and dressing, toss well. This makes a HUGE salad so cut in half if serving a smaller crowd.