These Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Pepperjack Sauce are very quick and easy to make and most importantly the steaming process accentuates the nutritional benefits of Brussels sprouts.
Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Pepperjack Sauce
This dish is very quick and easy to make and most importantly the steaming process accentuates the nutritional benefits of Brussels sprouts.
- 1 Lb- Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 C- Onion
- 4 cloves – Garlic
- 1 C – Milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp – All purpose flour
- 1/2 C – Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Tsp – Worcestershire sauce
- Oil or Butter
- Rinse the Brussels Sprouts in water and cut them into quarters
- In a steamer, add some water and bring it to a boil then add the Brussels sprouts. Steam for 5 minutes. Keep the Brussels Sprouts aside.
- In a non-stick pan add oil, chopped garlic and onions and saute until the onions are translucent. Then add all-purpose flour and saute for 2 mins on medium simmer.This is done to cook the flour.
- Add milk, cheese,Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt and keep whisking the mixture until it thickens.
- Pour the sauce on the steamed brussels sprouts