You can easily prep this Campfire Jambalaya a day ahead, pack up all of the ingredients, and assemble it at your campsite (or cookout, or whatever). The result is delicious!
- 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 lb. andouille or Kielbasa
- 14-1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 to 4 t. Cajun seasoning
- 1 t. hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to mix. Divide among four 18-inch lengths of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bring up foil sides; fold top and ends to seal packets. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until heated through and shrimp are pink. May also bake packets on baking sheets at 450 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes
To make in your oven: Mix all ingredients and baked at 350 in a covered, cast iron skillet for about 45 minutes.