A super simple Classic Potato Salad with Chives that is always a hit at parties. The fresh chopped chives add a pop of color and delicious flavor. You can even add crushed garlic or finely chopped onion to take it up another notch!
- 1 3/4 pounds new potatoes, halved
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Place the potatoes into a pan, and fill with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and cool under cold running water.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup of chives. When the potatoes have cooled, stir them into this mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with remaining chives