The distinctive taste of coconut combined with the delicate flavor and rich, velvety texture of Crème Fraîche to create these Coconut Bavarians, a bite sized sweet treat.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Gelatin
- 4 tbsp. Coconut milk
- 1-14 oz. can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 Egg yolks
- 7 oz. Crème Fraiche
- 7 oz. Shredded coconut (toasted if you prefer)
- Combine gelatin with 4 Tbsp. coconut milk to bloom.
- Bring condensed milk and remaining coconut milk to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks well.
- Add a small amount of heated liquid to the egg yolk mixture to temper andcontinue whisking.
- Slowly pour egg yolk mixture back into heated liquid and heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon while continually stirring 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin.
- Pour entire mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until mixture begins to gel.
- In a separate bowl whip Crème Fraiche to a soft peak.
- When refrigerated mixture begins to gel, fold together with the whipped Alouette Cuisine Crème Fraiche and immediately pour into your desired molds.
- Refrigerate overnight. To serve, remove from mold and cover the Bavarians with the shredded coconut.