This Copycat Olive Garden Herb Roasted Chicken comes out perfectly moist and tender. Every bite is full of fresh vibrant flavors of rosemary, sage, thyme and lemon.
- 1 (3½-4lb) roasting chicken
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 bunches fresh sage
- 6 bunches fresh thyme
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper- to taste
- Crushed red pepper- optional
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Strip leaves from 1 bunch each of the rosemary, thyme and sage. Chop well.
- Empty cavity of the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle on half of the chopped herbs. Add salt and pepper. Rub chicken to evenly distribute herbs and seasonings.
- Place half of the remaining herbs on a roasting tray. Put chicken on top of the herbs, and the remaining herbs inside the cavity.
- Roast the chicken approx 1 hour at 375 ºF, or until meat thermometer reads 165ºF at the deepest part of the thigh, and juices run clear.
- Transfer to serving platter. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.