Lasagna is a family favorite, but it takes a some time and effort to prepare. Not so with this Creamy Skillet Lasagna. It has all the flavors of a lasagna that took hours to make in a fraction of the time!
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ lb campenelle (bell-shaped) pasta
- 4 cups water
- 3 oz Boursin garlic & herb cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, sliced
- In a large skillet sauté onions in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey and brown. Drain off any liquid.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine with browned meat.
- Add seasonings and pasta. Cover with water and gently stir to submerge noodles.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Uncover and stir in Boursin cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese. With burner off, let stand for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve