This Garlic and Miso Glazed Salmon is the easiest, most flavorful salmon you will ever make. Once you cut into your salmon filet you end up with lovely juicy and tender meat. It’s almost like a piece of candy melting in your mouth.
- 1 lb salmon filet (without skin)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- Combine soy sauce, honey, miso paste, ginger and garlic in a bowl and whisk well.
- Place marinade and salmon in a Ziplock bag and refrigerate and marinate everything for at least 30 minutes or over night.
- I prepare something looking like a boat out of Aluminium foil but of course you can also line a pan with foil.
- Preheat a heavy pan with just a tiny bit of peanut oil. Once your pan is extremly hot sear the top of the salmon for about 1 minute or until you have a nice crust.
- Immediatle transfer your salmon to your prepared aluminium foil boat. Flip salmon so the crisp side is faced up.
- Bake your salmon in your preheated oven by 180 C (350 F) for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness). Baste salmon with the sauce halway through.
- Pour marinade out of the Ziplock bag into a sauce pan. Bring sauce over medium high heat to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until reduced.
- Serve Salmon with reduced sauce.