These Marshmallow Cloud Cookies are rich and decadent and the marshmallow centers are gooey and delicious. They’re super fun to make especially if you have kids that like to help!
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 8 ounces miniature marshmallows, frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Until you are ready to assemble the cookies just prior to baking, keep the marshmallows in the freezer—otherwise they will thaw too rapidly. In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Set aside. Combine sugars in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend in butter until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend at low speed until combined. Batter will be very stiff.
- Gather 4 or 5 frozen marshmallows in the palm of your hand and cover them with a heaping tablespoon of dough. Wrap the dough around the marshmallows, completely encasing them and forming a 2-inch diameter dough ball. Place balls on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cool, flat surface.