Just an old family recipe for an Old Fashioned Coleslaw that I have been told is reminiscent of KFC coleslaw. You be the judge!
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A sprinkling of poppy seeds (optional)
- Combine the coleslaw and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice; mix until smooth. Pour mixture over the coleslaw and onion; stir well and chill for 1 hour.