A thick, rich meat sauce with great depth of flavor. Made in under an hour, this is a Pasta Bolognese recipe that you will make over and over again!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced celery stalk
- 1 diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 lbs. ground veal (or 1 lb. ground hamburger and 1 lb. ground pork)
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 4 stalks fresh oregano (pull off leaves and mince or put stalks in whole and remove before serving)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven. Add carrot, onion and celery. Sweat 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook an additional minute. Add nutmeg.
- Add meat and cook until pink is gone. Drain fat.
- Add wine and reduce by half. Stir in tomato paste, salt, pepper and oregano. Cook low 30-40 minutes.
- Before serving, add cream and cayenne and cook for an additional 5 minutes.