All the flavors of this Pineapple Coconut Cake go together deliciously! The cake is lemon, topped with crushed pineapple, a vanilla cream frosting, and sprinkled on top of that, shredded coconut. So YUM!
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 3.5 oz package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 c. milk
- 16 oz cool whip
- 2 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- Make the cake mix according to the box and pour it into a big 11×17 cookie sheet or two 13×9 dishes. Bake according to box directions. (The box didn’t say how long to bake the big sheet, so I did it on 350 for 20 minutes, and it was perfect.)
- Remove from oven and poke holes all over the cake with a fork. When it’s still warm spoon the pineapple and juice on top of the cake. Let it cool completely.
- Mix instant pudding with 1/2 c. milk until nice and smooth. Fold in your cool whip. Spread it over the top of the pineapple, and then sprinkle coconut all over the top. Refrigerate for several hours or over night.