Massive, messy, AND delicious! You will love these pizza steak subs loaded with thinly sliced prime rib, sauteed onions and peppers, and covered in pasta sauce and gooey, melted mozzarella cheese.
- 6-8 oz prime rib, sliced very thin
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 4-6 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- 2 hoagie rolls, split in half
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place both halves of your hoagie rolls cut-side up on a small baking dish. Brush with olive oil
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, cook onions, garlic and green pepper in olive oil until soft and fragrant, about 2 min.
- Add prime rib to the skillet and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Scoop meat and onion/pepper mixture onto the bottom half of your hoagie rolls.
- Spoon pasta sauce on top of the meat, and layer slices of mozzarella on top of the pasta sauce.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and beginning to bubble.
- Place the top half of your now toasted roll on top of the cheese/meat, and gently press down so that your sandwich filling oozes part way down the sides.