These Roasted Garlic Mushrooms taste amazing, and I could literally have them for a side dish every single day.
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- ¼ c unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ c fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top. Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.