You’ll love that this simple lemon poundcake. It’s moist and full of lemon flavor which means it is perfect for spring! It is so good that, the last time I made it, it didn’t make it through the day!
- 1 box traditional white cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small box lemon flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the gelatin with the boiling water and allow it to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix with eggs, adding the eggs one at a time.
- Add the cooled gelatin, lemon extract and oil. Mix two minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into a bundt cake pan that has been coated with shortening and flour. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- An hour after the cake comes out of the oven, invert the cake onto a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Slowly pour the glaze over the cake.
- Cool completely.