Cooked entirely in one pan making it the perfect quick and easy dinner! Best of all this Skillet Rosemary Chicken cooks up tender with a crispy skin, and the gravy is out of this world good! A hit with the entire family.
- 2-3 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, thighs or drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small shallot (about 2 tablespoons), minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee, cut into small cubes
- In a small bowl, combine together the 2 tablespoons minced rosemary, 2 minced garlic cloves and 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pat the chicken dry then rub the marinade on both sides of the chicken. Cover the chicken and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (You can go longer if you want).
- Preheat oven to 400F and place a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Pat skin side of chicken dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. A 12″ cast iron skillet works very well for this.
- Add chicken, skin side down to preheated skillet, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and transfer skillet to the oven.
- Roast chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh or breast, registers 165 degrees, about 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- Mince the shallot, 2 garlic cloves, thyme leaves, cut up the 2 tablespoons of butter and measure out the chicken broth.
- Take the same skillet that you cooked the chicken in and set it over medium heat. Add to the skillet, the shallot, thyme, and garlic.
- Stir occasionally until the shallot and garlic are softened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cook, scraping up the browned bits, until the broth is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons butter until melted.
- Turn off the heat and pour the sauce into a serving bowl.
- Serve up the chicken and top each piece with the sauce