A quick, easy and skinny weeknight meal, this Skinny Version of Olive Garden’s Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo will become a staple in your home. Kids won’t complain about having to eat their broccoli when it’s mixed with such creamy, cheesy goodness, and you’ll love the dish for it’s healthier ingredients.
Skinny Version of Olive Garden’s Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
A quick, easy and skinny weeknight meal, this Skinny Version of Olive Garden’s Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo will become a staple in your home.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups roasted broccoli florets
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plain FAGE Total 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan.
- Add cooked chicken and broccoli to sauce mixture, followed by the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and serve with more Parmesan, if desired.