I love recipes that I can just throw in the crock pot. This Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo is a quick and easy recipe that tastes great and is easy for warmer days!
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
- 2 large chicken breasts, about 1 pound total
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of finely shredded parmesan cheese, 4 oz
- 1/2 pound of uncooked pasta, about 2 1/2 cups measured
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 a cup of hot water
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Add chicken breasts, heavy cream, chicken broth, olive oil and one teaspoon of salt to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about four hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and shred.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of hot water and pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
- Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, shredded chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste.
- Thin sauce with additional hot water, only if needed.