Succulent and full of flavor, this Southern Honey Glazed Ham is the perfect centerpiece to any holiday feast.
- 1 (8 pound) bone-in shank ham
- 4 cups water, or as needed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 275ºF.
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Pour in water to a 2 inch depth. Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Bake for 6 to 8 hours in the preheated oven (all day or all night).
- Remove from the oven, pour off drippings and reserve.
- Skim fat from the top of the drippings, and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix one cup of the drippings with honey, brown sugar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce and cloves.
- Pour this over the ham, cover and return to the oven.
- Remaining drippings may be discarded or reserved for other uses.
- Bake for another 30 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.