This Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri Pie, with its hint of rum to round out the filling’s sweetness, is easy to throw together. Oh-so-good to enjoy on any beautiful day!
Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri Pie
- 4 stalks of rhubarb
- 3 baskets of strawberries
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp agar agar
- Wash and slice rhubarb and strawberries
- Add rum, orange juice and sugar together – add orange zest and vanilla – add agar agar and gently heat to a boil, stirring until it just comes to a boil. Stir into rhubarb and strawberries.
- Line your tart pan (I used a 14 inch pan) with your choice of crust – anything goes!
- Fill tart. Bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and decorate or serve with whipped cream