Here’s a 30-minute Mexican-style White Chicken Chili that’s loaded with chicken, beans and zesty flavor!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne), if desired
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- sour cream, for garnish
- tortilla chips, for garnish
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, garlic and chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and cilantro. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon chili into soup bowls. Top each serving with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and tortilla chips.